At Last, You’ll Have Powerful Virtual Training Plan That Will Help You…
There’s all these myths around virtual training…
Myth #1: Employers don’t like it…
…yet according to the National Research Business Institute, 77% of USA companies offer online corporate training to improve the professional development of employees.
Myth #2: Employees don’t need it…
…yet 23% of employees leave for a lack of development opportunities and training.
Myth #3: It’s not going to rival classroom training…
…yet according to Global Industry Analysts, online learning is the second most important training method within organizations (and growing every year)…
Myth #4: It’s easy to put together…
…yet less than 18% of corporate online learning courses are on topics related to the tasks of the job…
Do you see the problem?
Virtual training is everywhere…
But very few people know how to do it correctly…
And most importantly…
What are they supposed to DO about it?
That’s where you come in.
As a Certified Virtual Trainer, you’ll have a rare and valuable skillset.
You’ll have the ability to train in any virtual training environment and help others answer A LOT OF TOUGH virtual training questions such as:
- How to “sell” it so your employees will be receptive to the training and then create initial excitement about the topic and connect immediately with your audience virtually?
- How to utilize online tools like chat to garner participation from participants who don’t want to talk out loud and incorporate exercises so that it does not just become a demonstration?
- How to ask questions, get answers, and ensure trainees are following along if we can’t watch trainees’ facial expressions or see their screens?
- How to have trainees visually interested in something that you’re teaching remotely and keep their attention virtually and keep the energy level up without people in the room?
- How to keep your voice on the fine line between annoyingly enthusiastic and boring and encourage conversation during and after class and still make it interactive?
- How can you get buy-in from 50 people spread throughout the country to go slower or faster than they would like?
- What are some verbal and other strategies for eliciting feedback and providing avenues for active feedback (e.g. polls, questions, guided demos)?
- How to check for retention and understanding with best practices for benchmarking the audience and validate that they are “getting it” since you can’t look at their faces/ read their body language?
- How to assist struggling learners with an exercise to discreetly offer assistance to someone/steer them in the right direction without calling it out in front of everyone?
- How to use a moderator and a facilitator for the sessions, and offer assistance to someone/steer them in the right direction without calling it out in front of everyone?
- How to maintain rapport, manage breaks throughout the day and continue to grow a good relationship with trainees and keep class from feeling impersonal to stay high energy?
- How to provide more one-on-one like help when you don’t want to interrupt everyone else and monitor/support while doing independent exercises?
- How to collect and respond to questions in a timely manner, get them to interact (ask/answer questions) and encourage questions and conversation during and after class?
And how do you do it over & over again, using a consistent and repeatable process?
To answer that question there’s one thing you have to understand…
There Are 9 “Tools” You can Use For Any Type Of Virtual Training
We call it “The Virtual Toolkit”
Whenever you need a virtual training, these are the 9 “tools” you can use to help create excitement, motivate adult learners, keep them interested, maximize learning, and make them feel as though you are right in the same room with them.
If virtual training seems complicated, it’s really not.
In fact, once you understand this process, it makes virtual training much simpler & easier!
You’ll never find yourself blindly clicking through your virtual slideshow again…
Because you’ll have a step-by-step process to virtually train ANY topic that arises in your business.
Just how valuable is this skill? You be the judge…
FACT: Businesses Need Virtual Training Experts
(…Who Actually Know What They’re Doing)
All businesses need a way to train their employees to generate more learning in less time.
They need a proven and repeatable process to identify exactly where they should focus their training efforts to truly “move the needle” in their business.
I’m not going to sell you on the importance of virtual training and online learning.
If you’re here, you know how important even the slightest increase in employee engagement can mean to a business.
In other words, you know that increasing your engagement rate means more production and more retention, all from the training that you’re already giving.
So that’s why businesses need Virtual Training Experts.
There’s just one problem: Most so-called “virtual experts” dare wandering around in the dark…
That’s where YOU come in.
And as the virtual training data expert, you’re the only person with the power to turn on the lights.
Do you realize how valuable that skill is to an employer?
As the resident virtual expert, you can do much more than earn a hefty salary.
You can be the HERO in your company!
You’ll be the one who recognizes a huge opportunity hidden in the curriculum.
You’ll be the one who boosts learning and retention, and saves time and money doing it.
And whenever someone has a question… or a suggestion… or an idea…
Who do you think they’re going to come to for advice?
They’re going to come to YOU.
And you’re going to master those tools right here, in this certification class. You’ll learn things like:
- The exact same strategies we use here at Rule the Room to create a personal connection with your audience and open with credibility and rapport in a virtual setting.
- How to virtually gain audience’s attention quickly; capture their ‘buy in’, comfort their fears and overcome their resistance.
- How to engage a virtual audience with tools that keep them interested and on pace, no matter who is in the training.
- How to engage all trainees in the class, when learning needs and styles are so different and have them visually interested in something that I’m teaching remotely.
- Why it’s essential to ensure they’re following along, understanding, and getting support they need and the mistakes most virtual trainers do that you can avoid.
- How to maintain excitement and energy in your virtual training (this is ESSENTIAL) if you want to know how much you can afford to create new online training at your company).
- How to use the right visual aids effectively so you can still write on the “board” use “sticky notes” and get trainees to write things down.
- A 4-step method to be sure your participants can perform critical tasks they need to do before, during and after the training is finished.
- How to remotely assist participants who are struggling so that you can focus on teaching and they can focus on learning that sticks.
- How to provide trainees with activities that they can do alongside the course that presents you with feedback of their progress.
- Why you must get interaction from participants, and how to use the “Interaction Toolkit” to find out what’s REALLY going on in your virtual training.
- How to maintain excitement about the topic and continue to connect with your audience even when you can’t physically interact with them.
- How to set an appropriate pace and pick up on the cues of when to slow down, speed up, mute the audience or repeat, etc…?
- How to manage questions and answers using metrics like the hot seat, the chat, the poll, the phone, the buddy system and our custom Q&A checklist.
- How to keep a finger on the pulse of your technical issues and how to troubleshoot and manage technical difficulties when they do arise.
- How to incorporate exercises and then track and confirm they are getting the material and practicing when they need to be so that it does not just become a demonstration.
- How to prepare for a virtual training session so that you always have a plan that works from the curriculum to technical setup.
Not you, not me, not your boss, not Albert Einstein, not Harry Wong, not Jean Piaget, or even Aristotle (if he lived in our time)…
Is it any wonder, then, why virtual trainers are SO CRITICAL to the success of every company in the world?
Are You A “Doer”…or Just a “Talker”
(or…why You Might Want To Get Certified)
Let’s face it: Virtual Training experts are a dime a dozen.
So how do you separate those who “walk the talk” from the ones who merely…
That’s the problem!
And at Rule the Room, it was our problem, too.
You see, we don’t just teach virtual training best practices, we actually MODEL everything we teach…
In other words: WE ACTUALLY DO THIS STUFF…
- … we actually are virtual trainers, just like you.
- … we created this program from scratch after watching THOUSANDS of trainers, just like you.
- … we train trainers, just like you.
You get to see us actually MODEL for you how to train by TRAINING YOU OURSELVES …
…so you’ll know right away (you’ll FEEL right away), what we’re doing…
And we know how hard it is to find truly skilled people who know what they’re talking about.
That’s why we built this certification… to train our own team members.
But in the spirit of “open sourcing” our business (which is what Rule the Room is all about) we’re now making this certification and training available to the world.
In short, we’re making it available to YOU…
Choose the Program That's Right For You
Mastery Class Only
- or -
6 Payments of $57
Virtual Training Mastery Class
10 Core Modules
28 Video Lessons
132 Page Learner Guide
9 Review Quizzes
Important: For a limited time, when you enroll in the Virtual Training Mastery class, you can take the certification exam and achieve the designation of Virtual Training Specialist for free! ($200 Value)
Class + Certification
$297 (Normally $497)
- or -
6 payments of $57
Virtual Training Mastery Class
10 Core Modules
28 Video Lessons
132 Page Learner Guide
9 Review Quizzes
– PLUS –
Virtual Training Specialist Certification:
Status as a Virtual Training Specialist
“The virtual class I took with Jason was a phenomenal opportunity to add effective tools to my training when running a webcast. The information provided about keeping an audience engaged, excited, and motivated in a virtual class was top notch because of its immediate impact in training. Thanks for your help, Jason!”
“Jason’s courses on how to create and deliver effective webcasts have fundamentally improved the quality of my webcasts. Jason teaches specific techniques and principles that are easy to put into practice."
Virtual Training Mastery Course Details
This 7 hour program dives deeply into the strategies, techniques, and tools you need to facilitate classroom activities so your participants can enjoy themselves and still learn exactly what they need to know.
Introduction and Welcome
Lesson 1: Getting to Know You
Lesson 2: Key Virtual Logistics Modeled
Module 2: Open Well
Lesson 1: Give Your Introduction
Lesson 2: Find Out About the Trainees
Lesson 3: Set Boundaries and Expectations
Lesson 4: Send them to Break
Teach an Engaging Lesson
Lesson 1: Use Hot Seat Drivers
Lesson 2: Use Targeted Directionals
Lesson 3: Ask Effective Questions
Lesson 4: Agree and See if You’re Right
Lesson 5: Use Effective Tone
Ensure They Got It
Lesson 1: Determine Who’s Attentive
Lesson 2: Ensure They’re Following Along
Lesson 3: Ensure They’re Remembering
Lesson 4: Ensure They Understand
Maintain Credibility and Rapport
Lesson 1: Show Follow Along
Lesson 2: Use Trainee Names
Lesson 3: Get Trainees to Like You
Lesson 4: Make Class Enjoyable
Lesson 5: Solve Trainee Problems
Facilitate an Activity
Lesson 1: Introduce the Activity
Lesson 2: Do Activity Follow Along Checks
Lesson 3: Do Activity Benchmark Checks
Lesson 4: Do an Activity Oral Review
Lesson 1: Invite and Listen to Questions
Lesson 2: Answer In-Scope Questions
Lesson 3: Handle Out-of-Scope Questions
Lesson 4: Conclude Questions
Manage Technical Issues
Lesson 1: Enlist a Producer
Lesson 2: Enlist an IT Helper
Lesson 3: Enlist Helper Remotely
Lesson 1: Update and Practice Your Scripts
Lesson 2: Prepare the Virtual Environment and Learners
Lesson 3: Prepare the Day of Training
Lesson 1: Ask for Remaining Questions
Lesson 2: Do a Class Oral Review
Lesson 3: Offer a Warm Thank You & Well Wish
Lesson 4: Invite Individual Questions
What You’ll Get
When you enroll today, you’ll receive instant access to:
- The Virtual Training Mastery Course
- 10 Core Modules
- 39 Video Lessons
- 132 Page Activity Learner Workbook
- 9 Quizzes
- A badge designating you as a Certified Virtual Training Specialist that can be hosted on your website, email signature and LinkedIn profile
- A digital, printable certificate suitable for framing
- Status and recognition as a Certified Virtual Training Specialist
- Tuition: Limited Time Special Just $297 (Normally $497)
- Level: Intermediate/Advanced
- Setting: Online/Virtual
- Course Length: 7 Hours
- Expected Completion Time: 5 – 10 Days
Who Should Get Certified?
Grow in your career, and make training fun with engaging learning techniques that guide people through a learning process that sticks.
There’s nothing harder than managing a team that can’t apply what they’ve learned back on the job. So let us fix that for you.
Directors & VP’s
Give your managers and employees the training they need, so you can stay focused on strategy and execution, not on costly errors or injuries.
Infuse your lessons with fun and excitement to fully engage your audience and maximize learning with meaningful metrics along the way.
Founders and CEO’s
Running a business is hard enough without also having to worry about training, so let us worry about it, instead, saving the company tons of time and money.
How It Works
TAKE THE COURSE
The course is a 7 hour intensive training with 39 video lessons, 132 page learner guide, 9 quizzes, & a final exam.
PASS THE TEST
70% or better is required to pass the exam. You have 3 attempts to pass.
DISPLAY YOUR BADGE
You’ll get a digital badge to share on your social channels & a printable certificate for framing.
About Your Instructor
Jason Teteak is the Founder and CEO of Rule the Room Train the Trainer. Jason first made a reputation in the medical training industry, where he was known as “the Epic trainer of trainers.” In response to many requests, he began to offer personalized services and quickly developed a following as a private training coach and training consultant whose clientele includes elite institutions, universities, and top corporations.
In 20 years of working as a trainer and a trainer coach, he has helped more than 15,000 training professionals to “Rule the Room” and has appeared before more than 200,000 people. He’s won praise and a wide following for his original methods, his engaging style, and his knack for transferring training skills via practical, simple, universal and immediately actionable techniques. Or as he puts it “No theoretical fluff”.
He founded Rule the Room Train the Trainer with a mission to DOUBLE the impact of 10,000 training professionals in the next 5 years. The Rule the Room Train the Trainer team, under Jason’s management, has flipped the model and changed the approach to great training and instruction for even the most seasoned veterans.
Rule the Room Train the Trainer is Different
Sure, you can probably find other “train-the-trainer” trainings and certifications that cover similar topics, but a Rule the Room certification is unique because it’s built and taught by real trainers who actually write and train their own classes and observe, coach and train thousands of trainers to mastery.
In other words, we aren’t “researchers” sharing “theoretical fluff”. We’re in-the-trenches trainers who despise untested theory and believe that the best way to learn training techniques is to actually get up and teach in front of a real classroom. If that sounds like something that fits you, then welcome! You’re in the right place.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: “How will this Rule the Room certification help me?”
A: It depends on who you are…..
If you’re a business owner, this certification is a great way to learn training techniques yourself. It’s also a great way to train and certify members of your own team and get them up to speed in half the time on the latest training techniques, trends and best practices.
If you’re a consultant, this certification is a practical way to show that you are a Virtual Training Specialist, which could help you attract better, higher-paying clients, boost their ROI and efficiency, and lower turnover, safety and security concerns.
If you’re a student, this certificate can set you apart from other graduates who may have a business or education degree, but don’t have the specialized skills that employers today are looking for.
If you’re an employee or training professional, this certificate can make you more valuable to your company, which can get you that raise or promotion you may deserve (but don’t have a reason to request).
Q: “How valuable is this Rule the Room certification?”
A: The certification itself is highly valuable if your goal is to set yourself apart from the competition. What’s even MORE valuable than any certification is the knowledge and understanding you’re going to gain when you take this class and pass all the tests. You will know master virtual training. I’ll say that again: YOU WILL KNOW VIRTUAL TRAINING.
Q: “Can I retake the test if I fail?”
A: Sure, you can retest twice (for a total of 3 attempts). If you fail the test three times, you’ll need to retake the class (it’s free to do so) along with all of the core module quizzes before you take the test again.
Q: “When do I have to finish the class?”
A: You can go at whatever pace suits you best! You’ve got a lot of other things going on in your life, so just because you enroll in the workshop doesn’t mean you need to complete it right away. In fact, you can start and finish the workshop whenever you want. Either way, we’re going to be there with you every step of the way to ensure you’re successful and can get certified.
Q: “How soon can I finish the class and/or get certified?”
A: The Virtual Training Mastery class is 7 hours of video training, so if you are dedicating yourself full time to it, you could probably finish in one day, but we don’t recommend that. Instead, we recommend you take 3 – 7 days (if you can give your full attention to the material. If you only have a little bit of time each day, then you should dedicated 14 – 21 days to finish it up and take the test.
Q: “How certain can I be that I will be certified?”
A: It’s never a guarantee. If it was, then our certification wouldn’t mean anything. Instead, it does mean something, and because of that, you’re going to have to work at this thing to get certified. When you do get certified, you can be certain that it will actually mean something. The class and the test are both going to challenge you, but rest assured we make everything simple, easy to understand, and quick to learn. With that said, you will have to earn your certification.
Q: “Can I just sit in on the class to take my training techniques to another level? I.e. Do I have to get certified?”
A: Right now the cost for the class is $297. Ordinarily the sit fee for the certification exam is $497, but currently we have waived that fee and are allowing students to take the exam up to 3 times for free. This will change in the future, at which time we may allow non-certification candidates to audit our classes at a discounted rate, but the price will never be lower than $297.
Q: How hard is the test?
A: You can liken our tests to the story of “goldilocks and the three bears” – not too hot and not too cold. In other words, they’re hard enough that you need to study and know your stuff, but we don’t make them intentionally hard just to be difficult. We make them as hard as they need to be to make sure you know how to “Rule the Room”. We believe learning doesn’t happen until a behavior change occurs, so to preserve the integrity of this certification, we have made the test challenging and the questions specific to our proprietary Rule the Room Train the Trainer techniques, methodologies and recipes. Don’t expect to pass the test just because you have taken other trainings or certification courses in the past. This training is different, and the exams will reflect those differences.
Q: Why are Virtual Trainers so important?
A: A master at virtual training so they can make your virtual learning activities fun, engaging, sticky, and applicable is one of the learning team’s most valuable assets. A set of virtual training tools at scale can pay for itself immediately with employee growth and retention and these skills can make you truly irreplaceable.