Here’s How To Become The Elite Trainer You Were Meant To Be…Maverick…
(The trainer EVERY Trainee Wants To Learn From)
Do you know why most trainers leave the profession?
Because they feel drained and don’t enjoy THEMSELVES.
Trainers that get their class to “fall in love” with them by the end of the first day will experience fewer discipline problems in their classroom.
The problem is that the #1 fear of any learner is looking foolish in front of others…
…and most trainers UNCONSCIOUSLY trigger this fear every day.
FACT: Businesses Need Rock Star Trainers
(…Who Actually Know What They’re Doing)
If you’re here, you already know that having elite, master trainers is an important aspect of any training strategy.
But, if you’re like most businesses, your trainers are not doing it as well as you they should be.
That’s because the top trainers that get “perfect evaluations” know secrets that other trainers don’t…
✓ Trainees will learn almost twice as much from a trainer they RESPECT and TRUST.
✓ One of the most powerful times to build a relationship with a trainee is actually before class even starts.
✓ The position of your hands, where you stand, who you look at, and what you look at can have a profound impact on how your trainees perceive you as an instructor.
✓ Many trainers show nervousness to their trainees, and don’t even know they’re doing it.
✓ The precise steps to gain trust in the classroom are very different depending on whether you have natural or “learned” confidence.
✓ When trainees feel the pace is too fast, they’re not really talking about how fast you are going.
✓ The impression of how good your class will be is made within the first 30 minutes of class, and YOUR individual impression is made within 10 minutes of meeting you.
✓ Trainees will enjoy themselves far more if YOU are enjoying YOURSELF.
✓ The more knowledgeable you become about the topics you teach, the harder it is to make them easy to understand.
✓ Trainees SUBCONSCIOUSLY interpret your facial expressions to determine whether they like you and your class.
✓ From the moment they first sit down, the #1 need of your learners is to feel safe in your classroom.
✓ The board is the most effective visual aid in the classroom to help trainees understand challenging concepts, even more so than power points or modern media.
✓ When a trainee asks you a question, it’s not whether you know the answer that determines whether you should answer the question.
✓ Women and men must use different vocal tone techniques to speak effectively and build credibility in their classroom.
✓ The “opener” you use to start each class and lesson can make or break the success of that class or the lesson itself.
✓ You can reduce the number of problems you have with pace, understanding, engagement, and people following along by as much as 50% simply by setting some defined boundaries before class even starts.
✓ Learning to harness YOUR unique training style is the most important way to ensure you MAINTAIN long-term success in the classroom.
✓ Teaching KEY lessons and concepts at particular times using the right method can greatly improve your evaluation scores.
✓ The first lesson of the day is the most important, and the success of that lesson will impact every lesson afterwards.
✓ You will have made a lasting impression of yourself and your skills as a trainer by the end of the first 90 minutes of class.
✓ Most trainers are unable to successfully determine whether their trainees “understand” and often don’t find out that they don’t until it’s too late.
✓ The number one reason trainers aren’t engaging is because they don’t ask the right TYPES of questions or use the best method to execute those questions.
✓ Your volume, pace, and vocal inflections are even more important than WHAT you say for getting and keeping attention.
The question I have for you is this…
Do you always provide an amazing classroom experience – the kind that captures your trainees and makes them want to come back for more… every single time?
I Thought I Knew Everything…
I have a feeling you were surprised by some of the things you read above…
…how do I know?
Because I’ve lived them…
…each and every one…thinking that I “had all the answers”…that there was nothing else I really needed…
BOY WAS I WRONG…
Have you ever thought you knew everything about something, only to discover the hard way that you didn’t?
This happened to me when I graduated from college with a teaching degree…
…I thought, “Now I’m ready for anything.”
I wasn’t…You can’t learn all of the skills you need in school…
…I tried…they simply don’t teach them.
Then I started reading book after book…trying to teach myself, by reading anything I could get my hands on…
I wanted to know WHAT the best trainers were doing that made them SO good…
I spent 20 years searching for these golden nuggets on how the most elite trainers did it.
What I found is that these techniques just aren’t taught in schools or written in any books.
The Most Amazing Trainers Have Master Skills…
(Training Techniques That Set Them Apart…)
I decided to go straight to the source…
…to watch and learn from as many world-class teachers, trainers and instructors as I could find.
While teaching high school for 7 years, I watched teacher after teacher.
While training trainers for another 10 years, I observed hundreds of trainers.
I discovered that the most amazing trainers were using a number of ADVANCED PRACTICAL techniques in their classrooms…
…techniques NOBODY TAUGHT THEM…
…techniques they had to figure out through YEARS of trial and error!
I sought all of them out, and tried them for myself.
After I perfected them, I started to teach them to other trainers and soon they were getting evaluations they never dreamed of!
That’s where you come in.
Why should YOU have to spend YEARS discovering these secrets for yourself?
Why shouldn’t YOU get the type of stellar evaluations the best of the best get?
As Training Techniques Specialist, you are uniquely qualified to help organizations and businesses leverage master training techniques to provide that amazing classroom experience.
More specifically, in this master class, you’ll learn dozens of new techniques including:
- How to immediately hook your class and get them salivating for what you are about to teach…even if they didn’t think they wanted to learn it
- A guaranteed method to get “buy in” from even the most reluctant and challenging trainees and address all 4 learning styles of adults SIMULTANEOUSLY in your classroom
- Q & A Maverick style: A comprehensive approach to answering questions that makes you look like an expert every time you answer a question
- How to “Set the table” before trainees arrive and why they’ll love you for it including 5 boundary & expectation techniques to keep your class under YOUR control, and make your life easier
- Specific strategies that will allow you to ease your burden and enjoy your classes more so you can feel less drained at the end of the day
- The top reasons why trainers get nervous and what you can do to successfully handle them so you instantly LOOK less nervous during the 4 common times nerves show their ugly face in the classroom
- 7 needs of learners in a classroom environment, and how to use tone & body language to get trainees into the palm of your hand and show confidence (even if it doesn’t come naturally to you)
- The secret to getting amazing evaluation scores including EXACTLY when and how to distribute the evaluations including how to show trainees that you truly care about them and their success, and how to make that work in your favor
- A foolproof strategy to get EVERY trainee to take notes on ALL of your key points and how to get your classroom to do more thinking than you, and WHY that’s so important
- A complete welcoming exchange dialogue that you can use with each trainee that walks through your door along with a 2-step approach for dealing with late trainees before class starts
- A step-by-step guide for effective listening that shows your trainees how important they are to you
- Vocal tone techniques that allow you to speak more effectively, including what men and women must do differently to be effective
- How to maximize the effect of your facial expressions to improve communication with ANYONE, especially someone you are listening to
- The recipe for a powerful introduction for trainers that aren’t naturally confident and show that you are a content expert so your trainees trust everything you say
- The 2 crucial ingredients you need for successful communication with every trainee and what every trainer must do within the first 30 minutes of day one to hook their class (and what happens to trainers who don’t)
- Why most icebreakers fail, and the top 3 things YOU should do instead including a step-by-step guide to make your trainees feel safe during welcoming time, and why it’s so important to do that
- The top 3 ways to make trainees feel more comfortable in your classroom and what every trainer NEEDS to say to their class 5 minutes before it starts (why it can make or break your introduction
- How to build your confidence so you feel empowered long before trainees even arrive in your classroom and exactly when to start the first lesson and why most trainers get it wrong
- A foolproof method to find out which trainees “got it” and which need more help and how to “send it home” at the end of the first lesson, so your trainees KNOW they “got a good one”
- A simple technique you can do during the first break that will handle the “problem child” trainees and prevent potential disruptions BEFORE they arise
- The 4 things you must prove to trainees in order to KEEP them in the palm of your hand, and how to do them every time
- What to do when you are teaching something that trainees don’t feel like they understand and how to PROVE to them they are understanding and that it’s because of YOU that they get it
- How to get your class excited by using 7 easy techniques to SHOW them they are enjoying themselves and meet the needs of each and every trainee in your classroom (and why this will make your life easier)
- A simple 4 step strategy that you can use to regain control of a derailed class and why involving the “expert” trainees in the room is so important
- The top 3 ways to keep trainees attention every minute of the day, regardless of the topic you teach and an easy method to help trainees remember everything you taught them, even after they leave class
- 23 examples of questions you can use RIGHT AWAY that will get AND keep your trainees attention including the most commonly misused type of question (and how to properly execute it to perfection)
- How to use directional statements to get trainees to do what you want (whenever you ask them to do it) and techniques to show enthusiasm about a class, EVEN if you don’t want to be there
- Strategies for handling a challenging trainee called “the distracted inefficient”, including how to get their attention when it has been lost
- Simple strategies to make challenging concepts and topics EASIER to understand including how to properly execute a “leading” question, and the one time most trainers ask one when they shouldn’t
- How to work the “sweet spot” in the room to maximize impact and improve engagement along with 3 ways to command more respect in the classroom the VERY NEXT TIME you train
- 7 common mistakes associated with the use of visual aids and how to avoid them in YOUR classroom and the 2 most common PowerPoint mistakes, and 8 steps to be sure you get it right
- An “Active Questions” technique you can use to COMPEL trainees to respond to your questions that works almost EVERY time
- The #1 reason trainees dread group work, and an EASY method to turn the table, and SAVE YOURSELF TIME AND ENERGY by effectively using the “Buddy System” to help each other
- A “whole class” approach to building rapport that will allow your trainees to feel comfortable asking for help
- The top 2 reasons why some trainees aren’t following along with you, and how to make sure they start including a proven technique for effectively teaching difficult concepts in ANY class
- How to appear RELAXED, CALM, AND CONFIDENT while you teach, and why that’s so important for your trainees
- Why information is not instruction, and how to make sure you aren’t just an information resource using the 5 stages of learning (and why it’s so critical that you know them)
- The famous “90/10” rule for preparation and how you can use it to propel your training to the next level and write the perfect lesson plan, even for topics that most trainees find difficult
- The secret to answering questions so you ALWAYS look like you know the answer even when you don’t and successfully set a Q & A boundary so you only have to answer questions you WANT to answer without your class even realizing that you did it
- The top 5 ways to determine whether trainees remember what you have taught them using an oral review that will show your whole class that you are a fantastic instructor
- Why it’s so important to use evaluations in your class, and what to include in them to get the most benefit PLUS: a fail-safe method to find out if your trainees are able to perform the critical tasks they will need when they leave your class
- The secret to facilitating and managing the pace in your classroom, and why it’s so elusive including tips for staying on track and successfully completing your lesson when you’re running out of time
- The 3 kinds of question askers you’ll face in your classroom and how you can come prepared with “Back-Pocket” knowledge that you can use to show expertise no matter how new you are to teaching your topic
- How to get trainees to like you and why it’s so important that you do so including specific strategies you can use to make class more enjoyable for both the trainees AND YOU
- The 6 questioning techniques that every trainer must know to keep trainees engaged and understanding, and exactly how to execute them
- The three things you can do to EFFECTIVELY SHOW that you are listening to a trainee’s question along with the proper technique for repeating every question that gets asked of you, and the 4 reasons why it’s SO IMPORTANT to do it
- An easy to follow recipe for answering questions so that your trainees ALWAYS feel good about their question AND your answer including a simple method that will compel EVERYONE in your class to listen when you’re answering a question for an individual
- How to manage the pace of your class to satisfy both the “fast” and the “slow” learners including the effect of speaking too fast, and the top 5 ways to slow it down so you can get it just right
- Everything you never realized you needed to know about writing on the board effectively so you can maintain engagement and actually increase learning
- A step-by-step guide you can use to prepare your responses to “On-The-Fly” questions while you are STILL LISTENING to the question including a fail-safe method for “punting” unwanted or off topic questions WITHOUT affecting your credibility
- …to come away from a class KNOWING your students were successful, following along, enjoying themselves, learning a ton, getting it, and loving you for it.
- …to feel a confidence and enjoyment as a trainer you’ve never felt before. This program will change your classroom FOREVER.
In short, as a Certified Training Techniques Specialist, your trainees will NOTICE the difference and even THANK you for your classes…
If you’re interested in becoming a Certified Adult Education Specialist, then I have one question for you…
Are You A “Doer”…or Just a “Talker”
(or…why You Might Want To Get Certified)
Let’s face it: Training experts are a dime a dozen.
So how do you separate those who “walk the talk” from the ones who merely…
That’s the problem!
And at Rule the Room, it was our problem, too.
You see, we don’t just teach adult education best practices, we actually MODEL everything we teach…
In other words: WE ACTUALLY DO THIS STUFF…
- … we actually are trainers, just like you.
- … we created this program from scratch after watching THOUSANDS of trainers, just like you.
- … we train trainers, just like you.
You get to see us actually MODEL for you how to train by TRAINING YOU OURSELVES …
…so you’ll know right away (you’ll FEEL right away), what we’re doing…
And we know how hard it is to find truly skilled people who know what they’re talking about.
That’s why we built this certification… to train our own team members.
But in the spirit of “open sourcing” our business (which is what Rule the Room is all about) we’re now making this certification and training available to the world.
In short, we’re making it available to YOU…
Choose the Program That's Right For You
Mastery Class Only
- or -
6 Payments of $57
Training Techniques Mastery Class
8 Core Modules
21 Video Lessons
169 Page Learner Guide
7 Review Quizzes
Important: For a limited time, when you enroll in the Activity Facilitation Mastery class, you can take the certification exam and achieve the designation of Activity Facilitation Specialist for free! ($200 Value)
CLASS + CERTIFICATION
$297 (Normally $497)
- or -
6 Payments of $57
Training Techniques Mastery Class
8 Core Modules
21 Video Lessons
169 Page Learner Guide
7 Review Quizzes
– PLUS –
Training Techniques Certification:
Status as a Training Technique Specialist
Choose your payment option on the next page
Hear What Our Customers Have to Say
Training Techniques Mastery Course Details
In this 6 1/2-hour course you’ll learn everything you need to know about how to motivate adult learners, keep them interested, deal with challenging or disgruntled participants, and maximize learning.
Get Them in The Palm Of Your Hand - Part 1
Lesson 1: Introduction & Welcome to Maverick
Lesson 2: Factor In The Trust Factor
Lesson 3: Build Up Your Confidence
Get Them in The Palm Of Your Hand - Part 2
Lesson 1: Listen Well
Lesson 2: Make them Feel Comfortable Immediately
Lesson 3: Introduce Yourself Maverick Style
Get Them in The Palm Of Your Hand - Part 3
Lesson 1: Nail The First Lesson
Lesson 2: Put the Frosting on the Break
Lesson 3: Keep Them In The Palm Of Your Hand
Teach Anybody Anything Anytime – Part 1
Lesson 1: Keep Their Attention
Lesson 2: Get Trainees to Interact With You
Teach Anybody Anything Anytime – Part 2
Lesson 1: Make Things Easy To Follow Along
Lesson 2: Make Things Easy To Understand
No Learner Left Behind
Lesson 1: Determine Whether Trainees Got It
Lesson 2: Manage the Pace of the Class
Q&A Maverick Style
Lesson 1: Prepare for & Listen to Their Questions
Lesson 2: Answer Their Questions
Lesson 1: Pre-Training Checklist
Lesson 2: Day-of-Training
Lesson 3: Ready to Train
Appendix A: Seating Chart Tools
Appendix B: How to Design Evaluations
Appendix C: Learning Style Assessment
What You’ll Get
When you enroll today, you’ll receive instant access to:
- The Training Techniques Mastery Course
- 8 Core Modules
- 21 Video Lessons
- 169 Page Maverick Learner Workbook
- 3 Bonus Material Seating Charts, Evaluations & Assessment
- 7 Quizzes
Plus, upon successful completion of the course and all the exams, you will also receive:
- A badge designating you as a Certified Training Techniques Specialist that can be hosted on your website, email signature and LinkedIn profile
- A digital, printable certificate suitable for framing
- Status and recognition as a Certified Training Techniques Specialist
- Tuition: Limited Time Special Just $297 (Normally $497)
- Level: Intermediate/Advanced
- Setting: Online/Virtual
- Course Length: 6 1/2 Hours
- Expected Completion Time: 5-10 Days
Who Should Get Certified?
Grow in your career, and make training fun with engaging learning techniques that guide people through a learning process that sticks.
There’s nothing harder than managing a team that can’t apply what they’ve learned back on the job. So let us fix that for you.
Directors & VP’s
Give your managers and employees the training they need, so you can stay focused on strategy and execution, not on costly errors or injuries.
Infuse your lessons with fun and excitement to fully engage your audience and maximize learning with meaningful metrics along the way.
Founders and CEO’s
Running a business is hard enough without also having to worry about training, so let us worry about it, instead, saving the company tons of time and money.
How it Works
TAKE THE COURSE
The course is a 6 1/2 hour intensive training with 21 video lessons, 169 page learner guide, 8 quizzes, & a final exam.
PASS THE TEST
70% or better is required to pass the exam. You have 3 attempts to pass.
DISPLAY YOUR BADGE
You’ll get a digital badge to share on your social channels & a printable certificate for framing.
About Your Instructor
Jason Teteak is the Founder and CEO of Rule the Room Train the Trainer. Jason first made a reputation in the medical training industry, where he was known as “the Epic trainer of trainers.” In response to many requests, he began to offer personalized services and quickly developed a following as a private training coach and training consultant whose clientele includes elite institutions, universities, and top corporations.
In 20 years of working as a trainer and a trainer coach, he has helped more than 15,000 training professionals to “Rule the Room” and has appeared before more than 200,000 people. He’s won praise and a wide following for his original methods, his engaging style, and his knack for transferring training skills via practical, simple, universal and immediately actionable techniques. Or as he puts it “No theoretical fluff”.
He founded Rule the Room Train the Trainer with a mission to DOUBLE the impact of 10,000 training professionals in the next 5 years. The Rule the Room Train the Trainer team, under Jason’s management, has flipped the model and changed the approach to great training and instruction for even the most seasoned veterans.
Rule the Room Train the Trainer is Different
Sure, you can probably find other “train-the-trainer” trainings and certifications that cover similar topics, but a Rule the Room certification is unique because it’s built and taught by real trainers who actually write and train their own classes and observe, coach and train thousands of trainers to mastery.
In other words, we aren’t “researchers” sharing “theoretical fluff”. We’re in-the-trenches trainers who despise untested theory and believe that the best way to learn training techniques is to actually get up and teach in front of a real classroom. If that sounds like something that fits you, then welcome! You’re in the right place.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: “How will this Rule the Room certification help me?”
A: It depends on who you are…..
If you’re a business owner, this certification is a great way to learn training techniques yourself. It’s also a great way to train and certify members of your own team and get them up to speed in half the time on the latest training techniques, trends and best practices.
If you’re a consultant, this certification is a practical way to show that you are a Training Techniques Specialist, which could help you attract better, higher-paying clients, boost their ROI and efficiency, and lower turnover, safety and security concerns.
If you’re a student, this certificate can set you apart from other graduates who may have a business or education degree, but don’t have the specialized skills that employers today are looking for.
If you’re an employee or training professional, this certificate can make you more valuable to your company, which can get you that raise or promotion you may deserve (but don’t have a reason to request).
Q: “How valuable is this Rule the Room certification?”
A: The certification itself is highly valuable if your goal is to set yourself apart from the competition. What’s even MORE valuable than any certification is the knowledge and understanding you’re going to gain when you take this class and pass all the tests. You will know master training techniques. I’ll say that again: YOU WILL KNOW MASTER TRAINING TECHNIQUES.
Q: “Can I retake the test if I fail?”
A: Sure, you can retest twice (for a total of 3 attempts). If you fail the test three times, you’ll need to retake the class (it’s free to do so) along with all of the core module quizzes before you take the test again.
Q: “When do I have to finish the class?”
A: You can go at whatever pace suits you best! You’ve got a lot of other things going on in your life, so just because you enroll in the workshop doesn’t mean you need to complete it right away. In fact, you can start and finish the workshop whenever you want. Either way, we’re going to be there with you every step of the way to ensure you’re successful and can get certified.
Q: “How soon can I finish the class and/or get certified?”
A: The Training Techniques Mastery class is 8 hours of video training, so if you are dedicating yourself full time to it, you could probably finish in one day, but we don’t recommend that. Instead, we recommend you take 3 – 7 days (if you can give your full attention to the material. If you only have a little bit of time each day, then you should dedicated 14 – 21 days to finish it up and take the test.
Q: “How certain can I be that I will be certified?”
A: It’s never a guarantee. If it was, then our certification wouldn’t mean anything. Instead, it does mean something, and because of that, you’re going to have to work at this thing to get certified. When you do get certified, you can be certain that it will actually mean something. The class and the test are both going to challenge you, but rest assured we make everything simple, easy to understand, and quick to learn. With that said, you will have to earn your certification.
Q: “Can I just sit in on the class to take my training techniques to another level? I.e. Do I have to get certified?”
A: You don’t have to get certified. You can take the class-only option for just $297 and then if you ever decide to get certified, you can always add that certification exam site fee for an additional $200. If you would like to take both the class and the certification, then you would chose the Class + Certification Option for $497.
Q: How hard is the test?
A: You can liken our tests to the story of “goldilocks and the three bears” – not too hot and not too cold. In other words, they’re hard enough that you need to study and know your stuff, but we don’t make them intentionally hard just to be difficult. We make them as hard as they need to be to make sure you know how to “Rule the Room”. We believe learning doesn’t happen until a behavior change occurs, so to preserve the integrity of this certification, we have made the test challenging and the questions specific to our proprietary Rule the Room Train the Trainer techniques, methodologies and recipes. Don’t expect to pass the test just because you have taken other trainings or certification courses in the past. This training is different, and the exams will reflect those differences.
Q: Why are Master Trainers so important?
A: A master at training techniques so they can teach others to apply what they learn and grow in their skills is one of the learning team’s most valuable assets. A set of master training techniques at scale can pay for itself immediately with employee growth and retention and these skills can make you truly irreplaceable.