Home - Blog - Products - Contact Us
How To Become an Adult Education Specialist…
Deploy a repeatable system for employee learning to ensure you reach every learner…every time.
These Are the Most Comprehensive Easy-To-Understand Adult Education Techniques We’ve Ever Created…
(And Now I Want To Show You How To Reach Every Learner…Every Time)
What if you didn’t have to “pay” for Learning?
Instead…what if Learning “paid” you?
And what if acquiring new learning was as simple as pulling a lever?
It sounds outlandish, but that’s exactly what “Learning Masters” (a.k.a Adult Education Specialists) do. And once you have completed this mastery class, you too will know how to leverage adult education techniques such as Learning Styles and Teaching Tools to not only grow your employees learning…
…but to grow your employees learning at a PROFIT.
Did you catch that?
You’ll no longer have to practice “hope-and-pray” or “wait-and-see” learning.
Learning will happen, because you’ll know how to make it happen.
But how do you actually do it?
How do you take knowledge + understanding and turn it into wisdom and behavior change for your employees without breaking the bank?
That’s exactly what you’re about to learn…
FACT: All Organizations Need A Repeatable System For Employee Learning
(…That Doesn’t Break the Bank)
Employees are the life-blood of any organization.
It sounds cliché, but it’s true.
That’s why “one size fits all” learning strategies just aren’t enough. Organizations today must have scalable, duplicatable learning strategies that produce real, actionable results from learning if they want consistent growth and retention, and more times than not, these “scalable” strategies come in the form of adult education.
So whether you want to:
- Hook The Learner
- Become Their Favorite
- Create Your Presence
- Understand Your Learners
- Reach Every Learner
- Create Amazing Learning Materials
- Handle Challenging Learners
You just know how to “teach it” the right way.
There’s just one problem: Most so-called “learning experts” and adult educators don’t know what they’re doing, and they have the results (or lack of results) to prove it.
That’s where you come in.
As an Adult Education Specialist, you are uniquely qualified to help organizations and businesses leverage adult education techniques such as Learning Styles and Teaching Tools and other adult ed techniques to grow your employees learning without breaking the bank.
More specifically, in this master class, you’ll learn:
- The 4 learning styles of adults and how you can maximize learning by teaching to all of them SIMULTANEOUSLY
- The secret to discovering what trainees REALLY want to know about your material without them even knowing you did it
- An easy 5 step approach to building credibility that will get even the toughest class to believe in you, listen to you, and trust you
- A proven method for HOOKING your trainees that makes them think your class has been tailored to THEIR needs
- SPECIALIZED strategies for hooking a “hostile” class that doesn’t want to be there
- Fool-proof methods to avoid feeling nervous and intimidated even when you have to teach a room full of powerful people and their colleagues
- How to identify the “hard to understand“ concepts in your curriculum, and be SURE you teach them flawlessly every time
- The secret to GETTING YOUR CLASS IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND before the end of your first lesson
- How to create AMAZING training materials for ANY TOPIC so your trainees will CRAVE your class
- The top 3 forms of communication for a trainer, and how you can harness each one to become more dynamic in the classroom
- The 4 critical things you must do in the first 15 minutes of class to make it go smoothly the rest of the day
- 12 ways to become their favorite: How to build the kind of rapport that will get your trainees to do anything you ask them to
- The top 3 ways to show trainees you understand them and their struggles, and why it’s so important to do so
- A simple 5-step model that unravels the mystery of how adults learn, and how you can apply this theory to easily reach every learner you work with
- How to meet the needs of ALL of your trainees, even though they are completely unique from one trainee to the next
- An easy, effective method for KEEPING trainees engaged and participating in your class at all times
- The REAL keys to successfully “break the ice” in your classroom including the things you must avoid to do it well
- How to sidestep a learning obstacle called “Higher Brain Disconnection” and why this will immediately improve understanding and learning in your class
- The top 4 ways to successfully boost your enthusiasm on stressful days or for topics you find dry and boring
- An easy recipe for identifying what questions your class has that won’t make them feel foolish
- The most important body language interaction techniques and exactly how to use them to become more captivating and convincing
- Efficient and productive preparation techniques so you can spend less time preparing and more time looking good in front of your class
- Why it’s so important for your class to see you demonstrate SINCERE enthusiasm, and techniques you can use to avoid looking “fake”
- The top 3 ways to effectively tutor to each learning style that will make EVERY trainee wonder why you are always able to make it so easy for them to learn
- A simple method to get EVERYONE in the room following along simultaneously without ever getting lost
- How to use the “Big Picture” technique: A simple tool that demonstrates to trainees why current subject matter is so important because of how it fits in with what is to come
- The best way to use a written review to improve the recall ability of your trainees
- Why students MUST write things down to maximize learning, and an easy technique to make sure ALL of them are doing it
- How to be SURE your trainees feel comfortable by addressing the #1 fear of adult learners
- A simple strategy to COMPEL your trainees to ask questions even if they are quiet or reluctant learners
- An indispensable technique called the “7/20 rule”, and how it can be used to engage trainees and keep there attention for as long as you like
- A foolproof strategy that actually REWARDS “fast learners” for efficiently completing an activity and still allows “slow learners” to finish and benefit as well
- How to execute a “leading” question capable of COMPELLING your trainees to answer and interact WITHOUT patronizing them
- The difference between “talk learners” and “talk hogs”, and an easy 5 step method to quickly manage constant interruptions from the “talk hogs”
- An easy to follow formula for creating a “Write-It-Down-Box”: One of the most effective tools to ensure ALL of your trainees are able to understand and learn in their OWN unique style
- The crucial components of each adult learning style, and why you absolutely MUST know them to successfully reach every learner
- How to ensure your curriculum is IDEAL for ALL of the objectives and learners you have in your classroom
- The difference between teaching TASKS and OBJECTIVES, and why knowing this is the key to keeping your trainees hooked and learning at the same time
- A simple technique to INSTANTLY find out if your trainees understand fundamental concepts BEFORE you move on to the next lesson
- The Rule The Room visual aid toolkit, so you can maximize the benefit of EVERY visual aid in your classroom including the board, your PowerPoint show, sticky notes, and handouts
- An easy technique to “shut-down” hecklers: Those irritating trainees that sit in the back of the room maliciously badgering you with vocal interruptions
- A critical tool you MUST use to ensure understanding and maximize performance in 25% of your learners called the “Step” learners
- The difference between CONCEPTS, CONVENTIONS, and ALGORITHMS and why teaching them accordingly will improve your trainees’ test scores
- Why most trainers are only able to teach others using their own learning style, and how to be sure you aren’t missing the other 75% of learners in your classroom
- Clever tricks to buy yourself some time when you need an opportunity to think about how to answer a question
- 11 ways to make your lectures CAPTIVATING so they can’t wait to hear what you have to say next
- How to take advantage of working the “sweet spot” – that place in the room that makes you look confident and engaging every time
- Why some trainees NEED to “discover the concepts themselves” and how you can make that happen for even the most challenging topics
- The #1 reason trainees dread group work, and an EASY method to turn the table and get them to enjoy it
- A revolutionary teaching strategy called “Structured Synthesis” that walks trainees through new functionality and concepts in a way that quickly enables them to perform any task on their own
- Three surprising reasons why some trainees try to make your life miserable by PURPOSELY causing disruptions, and how to uncover their motivation so you can regain control
- How to take advantage of involving the experts in your class and why doing so is such a powerful tool
- An easy method to avoid hearing constant nonsense from the “know-it-alls” in your class and how these people are different from the experts
- Four strategies to get the “quiet types” involved that will stop their unresponsiveness, and help you better assess how they (and you) are doing
- How adults learn differently than children and the reason why that difference will change your entire approach to teaching and training
If you’re interested in becoming a Certified Adult Education Specialist, then I have one question for you…
Are You A “Doer”…or Just a “Talker”
(or…why You Might Want To Get Certified)
Let’s face it: Adult Education experts are a dime a dozen.
So how do you separate those who “walk the talk” from the ones who merely…
That’s the problem!
And at Rule the Room, it was our problem, too.
When I was a kid, my dad was a teacher and a principal. I watched the kind of impact he had in the classroom, and with his teachers that changed lives…forever.
“When I grow up, I want to have that kind of impact.” I told myself…
Twenty years ago, I set out to make that dream a reality. I went to school to learn how to be a teacher, and I diligently studied every book they taught in both undergraduate and graduate school to make it happen.
As I learned all this “theory” in school, I thought I was being let in on all the secrets my Dad knew…things the best teachers I ever had knew…BOY, WAS I WRONG!
I quickly discovered that the things I learned in school were great on paper, but often couldn’t be applied in a real classroom…
I learned very little (if anything) practical, and I needed things I could use RIGHT AWAY with ANY classroom…
In the very first class I taught, (within the first 5 minutes) I watched a desk fly across the room. After the first week of class, 50% of my students failed the test, and even more had no recall when I reviewed what I taught…
What Was I Doing Wrong?
Why had my 6 years of college training left me SO poorly equipped to handle a real-life classroom?
I needed skills I hadn’t been taught in college, so I decided to go back to all of the best instructors I ever had and ask them how they learned all the amazing techniques they used on me.
You know what they told me?
…some things you just have to experience and learn for yourself.”
I couldn’t accept that.
Why wasn’t there a better way to develop my skills and techniques without having to devote decades of my life to trial and error in a classroom?
I decided to make it my mission to create a program that could provide a better way, a comprehensive program incorporating the most effective teaching and training techniques we’ve ever put together so that others wouldn’t have to go through what I did.
You see, we don’t just teach adult education best practices, we actually MODEL everything we teach…
In other words: WE ACTUALLY DO THIS STUFF…
…so we know how hard it is to find truly skilled people who know what they’re talking about.
And that’s why we created the “Adult Education Mastery” course and certification.
We built this certification to train our own team members, but in the spirit of “open sourcing” our business (which is what Rule the Room is all about) we’re now making this certification and training available to the world.
In short, we’re making it available to YOU…
Choose the Program That’s Right For You…
Mastery Class Only
- or -
6 Payments of $57
Adult Education Mastery Class
5 Core Modules
14 Video Lessons
169 Page Learner Guide
5 Review Quizzes
Important: For a limited time, when you enroll in the Activity Facilitation Mastery class, you can take the certification exam and achieve the designation of Activity Facilitation Specialist for free! ($200 Value)
Class + Certification
$297 (Normally $497)
- or -
6 Payments of $57
Adult Education Mastery Class
5 Core Modules
13 Video Lessons
169 Page Learner Guide
5 Review Quizzes
– PLUS –
Adult Education Specialist Certification:
Status as an Adult Education Specialist
Hear What Our Customers Have to Say
Adult Education Mastery Course Details
In this 8-hour course you’ll learn everything you need to know about how to motivate adult learners, keep them interested, deal with challenging or disgruntled participants, and maximize learning.
Hook Your Class
Lesson 1: Introduction & Welcome to Adult Education Mastery
Lesson 2: Hook Your Class – Part 1
Lesson 3: Hook Your Class – Part 2
Become Their Favorite
Lesson 1: Become Their Favorite – Part 1
Lesson 2: Become Their Favorite – Part 2
Lesson 3: Create Your Presence
Engage And Teach All Learners
Lesson 1: Understand Your Learners
Lesson 2: Reach Every Learner – Part 1
Lesson 3: Reach Every Learner – Part 2
Create Amazing Training Materials
Lesson 1: Create Amazing Training Materials – Part 1
Lesson 2: Create Amazing Training Materials – Part 2
Handle Challenging Trainees
Lesson 1: Handle Resenters, Talk Hogs, Hecklers and Gripers
Lesson 2: Handle Experts, Know-It-Alls and Quiet Types
Appendix A: Training Checklists
Appendix B: Oral & Written Reviews
Appendix C: Learning Style Assessment
What You’ll Get
When you enroll today, you’ll receive instant access to:
- The Adult Education Mastery Course
- 5 Core Modules
- 13 Video Lessons
- 169 Page Foundation Learner Workbook
- 3 Bonus Material Checklists, Reviews & Assessment
- 5 Quizzes (one for each module)
- A badge designating you as a Certified Adult Education Specialist that can be hosted on your website, email signature and LinkedIn profile
- A digital, printable certificate suitable for framing
- Status and recognition as a Certified Adult Education Specialist
- Tuition: Limited Time Special Just $297 (Normally $497)
- Level: Intermediate/Advanced
- Setting: Online/Virtual
- Course Length: 6 1/2 Hours
- Expected Completion Time: 3-7 Days
Who Should Get Certified?
Grow in your career, and make training fun with engaging learning techniques that guide people through a learning process that sticks.
There’s nothing harder than managing a team that can’t apply what they’ve learned back on the job. So let us fix that for you.
Directors & VP’s
Give your managers and employees the training they need, so you can stay focused on strategy and execution, not on costly errors or injuries.
Infuse your lessons with fun and excitement to fully engage your audience and maximize learning with meaningful metrics along the way.
Founders and CEO’s
Running a business is hard enough without also having to worry about training, so let us worry about it, instead, saving the company tons of time and money.
How it Works
TAKE THE COURSE
The course is a 6 1/2 hour intensive training with 13 video lessons, 160+ page learner guide, 5 quizzes, & a final exam.
PASS THE TEST
70% or better is required to pass the exam. You have 3 attempts to pass.
DISPLAY YOUR BADGE
You’ll get a digital badge to share on your social channels & a printable certificate for framing.
About Your Instructor
Jason Teteak is the Founder and CEO of Rule the Room Train the Trainer. Jason first made a reputation in the medical training industry, where he was known as “the Epic trainer of trainers.” In response to many requests, he began to offer personalized services and quickly developed a following as a private training coach and training consultant whose clientele includes elite institutions, universities, and top corporations.
In 20 years of working as a trainer and a trainer coach, he has helped more than 15,000 training professionals to “Rule the Room” and has appeared before more than 200,000 people. He’s won praise and a wide following for his original methods, his engaging style, and his knack for transferring training skills via practical, simple, universal and immediately actionable techniques. Or as he puts it “No theoretical fluff”.
He founded Rule the Room Train the Trainer with a mission to DOUBLE the impact of 10,000 training professionals in the next 5 years. The Rule the Room Train the Trainer team, under Jason’s management, has flipped the model and changed the approach to great training and instruction for even the most seasoned veterans.
Rule the Room Train the Trainer is Different
Sure, you can probably find other “train-the-trainer” trainings and certifications that cover similar topics, but a Rule the Room certification is unique because it’s built and taught by real trainers who actually write and train their own classes and observe, coach and train thousands of trainers to mastery.
In other words, we aren’t “researchers” sharing “theoretical fluff”. We’re in-the-trenches trainers who despise untested theory and believe that the best way to learn training techniques is to actually get up and teach in front of a real classroom. If that sounds like something that fits you, then welcome! You’re in the right place.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: “How will this Rule the Room certification help me?”
A: It depends on who you are…..
If you’re a business owner, this certification is a great way to learn adult education yourself. It’s also a great way to train and certify members of your own team and get them up to speed in half the time on the latest adult education trends and best practices.
If you’re a consultant, this certification is a practical way to show that you are an Adult Education Specialist, which could help you attract better, higher-paying clients, boost their ROI and efficiency, and lower turnover, safety and security concerns.
If you’re a student, this certificate can set you apart from other graduates who may have a business or education degree, but don’t have the specialized skills that employers today are looking for.
If you’re an employee or training professional, this certificate can make you more valuable to your company, which can get you that raise or promotion you may deserve (but don’t have a reason to request).
Q: “How valuable is this Rule the Room certification?”
A: The certification itself is highly valuable if your goal is to set yourself apart from the competition. What’s even MORE valuable than any certification is the knowledge and understanding you’re going to gain when you take this class and pass all the tests. You will know adult education. I’ll say that again: YOU WILL KNOW ADULT EDUCATION.
Q: “Can I retake the test if I fail?”
A: Sure, you can retest twice (for a total of 3 attempts). If you fail the test three times, you’ll need to retake the class (it’s free to do so) along with all of the core module quizzes before you take the test again.
Q: “When do I have to finish the class?”
A: You can go at whatever pace suits you best! You’ve got a lot of other things going on in your life, so just because you enroll in the workshop doesn’t mean you need to complete it right away. In fact, you can start and finish the workshop whenever you want. Either way, we’re going to be there with you every step of the way to ensure you’re successful and can get certified.
Q: “How soon can I finish the class and/or get certified?”
A: The Adult Education Mastery class is 8 hours of video training, so if you are dedicating yourself full time to it, you could probably finish in one day, but we don’t recommend that. Instead, we recommend you take 3 – 7 days (if you can give your full attention to the material. If you only have a little bit of time each day, then you should dedicated 14 – 21 days to finish it up and take the test.
Q: “How certain can I be that I will be certified?”
A: It’s never a guarantee. If it was, then our certification wouldn’t mean anything. Instead, it does mean something, and because of that, you’re going to have to work at this thing to get certified. When you do get certified, you can be certain that it will actually mean something. The class and the test are both going to challenge you, but rest assured we make everything simple, easy to understand, and quick to learn. With that said, you will have to earn your certification.
Q: “Can I just sit in on the class to take my adult education to another level? I.e. Do I have to get certified?”
A: Right now the cost for the class is $297. Ordinarily the site fee for the certification exam is $497, but currently we have waived that fee and are allowing students to take the exam up to 3 times for free. This will change in the future, at which time we may allow non-certification candidates to audit our classes at a discounted rate, but the price will never be lower than $297.
Q: How hard is the test?
A: You can liken our tests to the story of “goldilocks and the three bears” – not too hot and not too cold. In other words, they’re hard enough that you need to study and know your stuff, but we don’t make them intentionally hard just to be difficult. We make them as hard as they need to be to make sure you know how to “Rule the Room”. We believe learning doesn’t happen until a behavior change occurs, so to preserve the integrity of this certification, we have made the test challenging and the questions specific to our proprietary Rule the Room Train the Trainer techniques, methodologies and recipes. Don’t expect to pass the test just because you have taken other trainings or certification courses in the past. This training is different, and the exams will reflect those differences.
Q: Why are Adult Education experts priceless?
A: A master at teaching adults so they can apply what they learn and grow in their skills is one of the learning team’s most valuable assets. A successfully scaled adult education curriculum at scale can pay for itself immediately with employee growth and retention and these skills can make you truly irreplaceable.